Apple, celery, and cashews add crunch to this Curried Chicken Salad.
Curried Chicken Salad
Yield: 4 cups • Preparation: 15 minutes • Refrigerate: 4 hours
Write a review
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced poached chicken
- ½ cup diced red grapes
- ½ cup diced yellow apple
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted, salted cashews
- Garnish: Bibb lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, curry, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, apple, and celery, stirring well. Add mayonnaise mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Just before serving, add cashews, stirring well.
- Place a Bibb lettuce leaf on individual serving plates, and divide chicken salad evenly among plates.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine http://www.teatimemagazine.com/